Missouri Foxtrotter Europe
The EMFTHA was founded in 1992 and is affiliated to the parent association of the Missouri Fox Trotter the MFTHBA (Missouri Fox Trotting Horse Breed Association) in AVA, Missouri, USA.
The MFTHBA recognizes the EMFTHA e.V. as the only Fox Trotter Association in Europe and their representative in Europe. All breeders, who are breeding Missouri Fox Trotter according to the regulations of the MFTHBA, will be advised and supported. They organize also competitions for Missouri Fox Trotter.
Within the Association skill enhancement seminars for the leisure equestrian are offered, also for those, who wish to ride their Missouri Fox Trotter successfully in competitions or who wish to present them in Model classes.
The EMFTHA sponsors the equestrian sport for the youth and offers skill enhancement seminars for this purpose in the USA.
On this website you can find all Missouri Foxtrotter breeder of the EMFTHA, all licensed breeding stallions, all Fox Trotting Horses available for sale in Europe and all Missouri Foxtrotter belonging to the Association. You will also find information about trainers for Missouri Fox Trotter.
Tips for Newcomer
1. You have to appraise your horsemanship skills: experienced, intermediate, or beginner?
2. You have to know what you want: a trail/leisure horse, a distance horse, a horse for shows/tournaments, or a horse for breeding or a combination of these.
3. You have to do extensive research: tcontact approved breeders with approved offspring and adequate success in shows or the discipline in which you are interested.
4. No matter what kind of Fox Trotter you are looking for, it is important to ride very good or even excellent horses, before making any decision in order to get the unique feeling, that comes with riding a good Fox Trotter.
5. If you have a horse you are interested in, ask for it to be shown in a freestyle riding, at the Flat Foot Walk, Fox Trot and Lope. It is always an advantage to have a video, which allows you to examine the horse later in privacy of your home, before making a decision.
6. Before purchasing a Fox Trotter, it should be Understood, that the registration papers from the MFTHBA will be provided as well as all information concerning veterinary care history, dental care history, saddle fit, and description of horseshoeing care including hoof angles. Naturally the seller should be willing to provide documentation of vaccination, worming and dental care.
7. Ask the breeder whether his brood mare and/or stallion have an EU-registration-certificate from the EMFTHA and whether his breeding horses have finalized a positive Breeding Suitability Test (ZTU). It is desirable, to have at least one of the parents, registered in the EMFTHA Studbook, Class I, II or III, especially when considering a high quality and high priced Fox Trotter.
8. When you intend to import a Fox Trotter from the USA, ask for a confirmation that this horse was not shown as a 2-year at a show or tournament. Ask for a ZTU or a ZTU conformation pre-purchase appraisal.
The Missouri Foxtrotter Worldwide